Friday 3 May 2013

Rebels with a cause...


Dear Friends

At its heart Sufism is about rebellion.


Rebellion begins against the false Gods of pride, hypocrisy, sloth, greed and ignorance because they inflict severe internal damage and are the major causes of spiritual obesity.  Only when the latter have been transformed into humility, sincerity, discipline, charity and knowledge can we begin to contemplate victory akin to a spiritual Fatah Makkah and beyond...


This rebellion will takes years if not a whole life time however as the salikah transforms so does her external environment and if enough people are engaged in this noble yet essential task a critical mass will emerge so that society in general improves. In Sha Allah.

It is important to realise that only the elite rebels will experience non-duality...as Mevlana Rumi reminds us:

I died to the inorganic state and became endowed with growth,
 and (then) I died
to (vegetable) growth and attainted to the animal.

I died from animality and became Adam (man), why then I should fear,
 When have I become less by dying?

At next remove I shall die to man, that I may soar and lift up my head amongst
the angels;

And I must escape even from (the state of) the angels:

“Everything is perishing except His face.”

Once more I shall be sacrificed and died to angel: I shall become that which enter not to imagination.

Then I shall become non-existence: non-existent saith to me, (in tone loud) as an organ:

“Verily unto Him shall we return.”




WHO DARES WINS...

No comments:

Post a Comment